Bethany Mito Lee is a partner in Lee & Lee, PS. Prior to founding the firm with Nelson K.H. Lee in 2010, she practiced in Washington, D.C. with Crowell & Moring LLP as a counsel in the antitrust group. Ms. Mito Lee has focused on litigation and counseling throughout her legal career, advising clients from a broad range of industries, including but not limited to the health care, technology, government contracts, telecommunications, energy and transportation industries. Ms. Mito Lee has over a decade of immigration law experience specializing in family-based, employment-based, and investment-based visas including EB-1, EB-2, EB-3, L-1, E-1/2, H-1B, O-1, etc. In addition, she has served as pro bono counsel in asylum and trafficking cases involving complex immigration issues.
- ABA Section of Antitrust Law, State Antirust Practice and Statutes (4th Ed. 2009) – Nebraska
- Defense of a subcontractor accused of multi-million dollar RICO violations by a government contractor that supports U.S. military bases overseas.
- Defense of a large hospital system involved in Cason-Merenda, et al. v. Detroit Medical Center, et al. (E.D.Mich. 2008), a class action brought by registered nurses against hospital employers, alleging a conspiracy to depress wages and exchange competitively-sensitive compensation information in violation of Section 1 of the Sherman Act.
- Defense of a Class I railroad in a nationwide antitrust class action litigation (D.D.C. 2008), alleging a Section 1 conspiracy to fix the fuel surcharges that are applied to freight rail services.
- Defense of an egg producer in re Processed Egg Products Antitrust Litigation, a class action against the United Egg Producer cooperative and its members.
- Provision of counseling to Capper-Volstead exempt cooperatives on structuring their organizations, conduct of the organizations and members, and responses to federal and state inquiries pertaining to the same.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Bars of the District of Columbia , Member
- Maryland Bar, Member
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- American Bar Association – Antitrust (Vice Chair of Daily Digest Committee) and Litigation Sections, Minority Trial Lawyer Committee
Past Employment Positions
- Crowell & Moring LLP, Counsel
- Mandarin Chinese
- Phi Beta Kappa
Areas Of Practice
- District of Columbia, 2003
- U.S. District Court of the District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- U.S. District Court Western District of Washington
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals District of Columbia Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. - 2003
- Princeton University
- A.B. - 2000
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- Major: English
- Lakeside School, Class of 1996